A relaxing and mindful exercise class focusing on:
- toning and lengthening the muscles
- improving balance and posture
- improving coordination
- refreshing technique (for those with experience)
- developing basic foundations of ballet (for those new to dance)
Ideal for those who have previously studied ballet and equally accessible to those with no previous experience.
Our fun Adult Tap Dance Classes is a step-by-step guide to the essential steps, sounds, and moves of the fun and popular tap dance.
Starting off by learning the sounds you can make, and their names, you will build up to simple steps – both on the spot and travelling steps. You will also learn about rhythm and how to develop the subtle light and shade needed for perfect tap dancing.
Our Tap Dance is suitable for the absolute beginner or those who haven’t tapped for a while. It is a great form of exercise and a sociable class to make new friends. You will also gain:
- Understand posture: and an awareness of the dancing space
- Demonstrate how to isolate parts of the body: in order to define a movement
- Develop basic co-ordination: of arms / feet / head
- Perform a selection of short basic choreography from Fundamental footwork combinations: warm up and cool down / introduction to simple routines
Please note – tap shoes are required for this class. If you do not own tap shoes you can buy a pair at the studio please let us know your size so we can ensure they are in stock.
Our next course commences 1st May, 2019
9 weeks €94.50 save 10% if booked before 13th April, 2019.
Come for a free taster class on 10th April..
A ballet class for those 55+ regardless of experience. Our low-impact and enjoyable classes aim to improve balance, coordination, posture and strength while moving to classical music and learning a classical ballet technique. Come and learn repertoire from famous ballets, meet new friends and surprise yourself with a love for a new hobby.
Love to exercise but are tired of the same old classes? Come and let the music move you with Zumba! A fun-filled, non-stop hour of latin based movement with a fitness feel to get your heart rate pumping and those endorphins high! No dance experience needed but plenty of hips, shimmies and water – be prepared to sweat with a smile on your face!