Our ballet classes are based on the RAD (Royal Academy of Dance) syllabus which is designed to encourage and develop a child’s natural sense of movement, musicality and imagination.
Classes consist of:
- Classical Ballet – focussing on posture, classical lines and positions. This works to strengthen and extend the muscles.
- Free Movement – developing the pupil’s natural sense of movement. This encourages musicality and develops co-ordination and expression.
- Character Dance – from Grade 1 upwards helping to develop rhythm and style.
Victoria Walker Dance currently offers graded ballet classes from Pre-Primary to Advanced Foundation.
Our tap classes are perfect for anybody who has rhythm or wants to find it. Come and use your feet as an instrument!
Classes are based on the ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance) syllabus which has been designed to work with the natural development of the child and bring out their natural rhythm and style.
Victoria Walker Dance currently offers tap classes in grades Pre-Primary to Grade 5.
Love jazz hands? Our modern theatre classes include jazz, lyrical and contemporary styles great for any young dancers who really want to express themselves. Classes are based on the ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance) syllabus which includes:
- Warm up
- Core stability and limbering exercises
- Rhythm section
- Dance amalgamtions/routines.
Examinations at all grade levels are optional and any pupils who do not wish to take examinations will move up with their group to the next class, following the examination session. For those pupils who do wish to take examinations it is expected that they have studied the syllabus for approximately a year, have good attendance and are committed to home practice.